8.14.2011

Baranof

I love this place. I love it almost as much as Tenakee! There are public baths at the dock that are full of warm water from the springs.

  

That’s the bathhouse on the right. There are private rooms, and if you open the curtains you can look out at the mountains and the sky. But, you can also walk up this trail to the actual hot springs, where people have stacked up rocks to create two pools, one hot, the other really really hot, overlooking the waterfall.






















Most amazing bath ever.

Just past the hot springs there’s Baranof Lake, which is much prettier than this picture:





















Here's all the seiners rafted up in the harbor for the two days fishing is closed.




















There was a barbecue at night and loads of fishermen hanging out. Last night, a bunch of us went to this tub that a private house off the dock lets the boaters use. It looks straight out into the harbor, and the water is perfect. I’ve taken four baths in two days. Life is good. But we left this morning, so god knows when I will get to take another one.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I consider moving to Baranof. I like it better than Tenakee, and as you observed, my mother was born in Baranovitz, so it's kind of returning to the roots.

    ReplyDelete