7.31.2011

A few photos, 07.31

Yesterday was sunny and beautiful, just like the day I got here! I went for a walk up to Indian River again, and while I don’t have any pictures of “downtown,” I snapped some from the harbor and further out.






































In other important news, I am equipped to cook now. For the last few days I’ve been subsisting off peanut butter sandwiches and the hospitality of new acquaintances, which has been very filling: Sausages over a fire in the woods one night, steak and wine on a tugboat across the harbor the next, just-caught Dungeness crab yesterday, and at the moment a piece of blueberry pie from the guy who lives in the barge at the end of the dock. But I finally have enough groceries to make a meal. Between a diesel stove, a loaned propane stove, and the farmer’s market yesterday afternoon, I have not only vegetables but also lots of ways to cook them! Thank you, Tenakee.

1 comment:

  1. A few more pictures like these, and we are moving to Tenakee too!

    ReplyDelete