7.22.2011

What not to do 07.22

We’re leaving Glacier Bay National Park today. I’m sad to go. In the absolutely wrongheaded spirit of the “Eyes on Wildlife: Alaska Checklist” that we I picked up in a visitor’s center somewhere (and which can get me, or an excited 7 year old, a certificate of achievement for checking off enough stuff!), we saw:

·         Black bears
·         Brown bears
·         Seals
·         Sea lions
·         Wolves Wolf
·         Humpback whales
·         Orcas
·         Harbor porpoises
·         Dall’s porpoises
·         Grey whales
·         Sea otters
·         Lots of fish
·         Lots and lots of birds
·         And, oh! Glaciers and icebergs! (I know, they’re not wildlife, gimme a break.)

The only thing left is to decide whether or not I’m mailing in my checklist.


No comments:

Post a Comment